Saturday Night Genealogy Fun – http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/01/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-your-2016.html
So here’s my 2016 genealogy plan:
- Attend Who Do You Think You Are Live in Birmingham, UK in April. I plan to pre-book some classes which interest in.
- I have a yearly subscription to Family Tree Webinar and try and watch the presentations live on Wednesday. If not, I will add it to my playlist which I currently have over 170 webinars to watch.
- I also try and keep an eye out for interesting webinars from Ancestry Academy and Family Search Webinars.
- I watch all the videos released by DEARMyrtle.
- I watch the videos put out by Lisa Louise Cooke and I also listen to her podcast monthly. Absolutely love her book club.
- I have a stack of genealogy books including:
- Mastering Genealogical Proof
- Genealogy and the Law
- Evidence Explained
- I also plan to do the study groups that Dear Myrtle has for the above books.
- I watch youtube videos such as ancestry, The National Archives UK.
- I generally read a lot of blogs daily, and facebook groups.
- I have some magazines which I have purchase but not read. Therefore I do plan to read these.
I generally do approximately 2 – 3 hours per day of genealogy learning through the weekday’s. At the weekend I do a bit more, an average of 3 – 5 hours per day. I generally love learning and broadening my knowledge.